Sunday, February 21, 2010

Okay, I'm playing catch-up again. February has been a fun and interesting month. Sydnie had her Valentine's Tea (aka Doom's Day Dance) that she has been dreading for the past year. To help the kids learn manners and respect for the 'opposite gender' they have cake and punch - the boys are to get the food for the girls and pull chairs out for them, etc. Then they have a dance - you know, square dance type. In Syd's class, they let the boys invite the girls to go get cake and punch, then they paired them up for the dance. A few days before this, Grandma D and I were talking to Sydnie about it, trying to get her to have a better outlook on the whole thing. Syd said, "I'll be fine as long as he doesn't get on my last nerve!" I tried not to chuckle too much.


Sydnie made a penguin for her Valentine holder - she did a great job! She had to dress up for the dance - thanks to her Aunt K - she has a beautiful new skirt that worked perfect! She said the dance wasn't too bad except when they had to hold hands. Whew! We made it. I'm glad to know I still have a little while before she's boy crazy!

1 comment:

mama bear said...

I can't believe they make the kids do this kind of thing. Love the penguin box, that is so cute! Oh, and what a darling skirt, it looks perfect!